Saturday, April 30, 2011

I stopped at the gas station, not an unusual activity, to be sure....lots of people stop at the gas station on a regular basis, me included....I am quite predictable when it comes to going to KwikTrip...I'm there from 7:25-7:32 every day. My primary reason for going there is to go there....if you know what I mean. It's my only break of the morning, and that's the only time I have in the morning shift for break type activities. Since mid Sept I've been stopping there, and I've never bought any fuel during this time. Every 2nd or 3rd day I buy something, like milk, eggs, butter, bananas, bread, OJ, doughnut, sandwich, coffee...and they always ask if I have fuel....I only wish I could fuel there...nice clean fast pumps with hold open flippers, covered from the rain...oh well. It's interesting how many people stop at a gas station on their morning commute, interesting how predictable people are. Interesting how much money people waste every day by not making their coffee at home, not eating some breakfast at home, not quitting smoking, etc. I feel compelled to say that I don't often buy a doughnut...I'm trying to quit....I figure that if I don't quit the doughnuts I'll keep looking like me. But anyway, back to the story, while at the gas station, I actually bought some gas. And I'm not going to complain about how much it cost or how much profit the gas station made...there's not any point to that, it's not interesting or funny. What is funny is this: The guy at the pump ahead of me went in before he pumped his gas, I assumed that since he was driving a Yukon...which is a Sub-Urban sort of vehicle (doesn't Governmental Motors have weird names for their cars?) that he went in to make sure that they had enough gas in their tanks to fill his tank. He came back out and was pumping as I went in...and suddenly I knew differently, as soon as I saw his shoes. Yep, shoes. I didn't stereotype him until I saw his shoes...shiny plastic looking red/white checked shoes. (I can't find the shoes, but here's a linky so you can look... http://www.zazzle.com/checkered+shoes ) Ah, I thought to myself, he prepaid for gas. When I came out, I checked to see how much he spent...can you guess? Go ahead, guess. I'll wait.....got it? Yeah, shiny shoes spent $10 to gas up his monster car. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/21523.shtml He won't get far.

2 comments:

jss said...

Doncha know the size of your car reflects the size of other things.

Angela Carter said...

judging by the shoes this person must be an 'emo' or 'scene'. I just hope he wasn't over the age of 16...still getting $10 from his mama. (I too enjoy the habit of stopping at our QT...not to be confused with KwikTrip).