Thursday, November 17, 2011

Had a discussion/reminder about pennywise vs dollar foolish the other day.  We were buying stuff to cover the trailer and motorcycles, ie tarp, straps, hooks, etc.  BTW, where the hell are those other 2 red ratchet straps?  Did I loan them to someone?  Did someone steal them?  Weird.  The orange ones are the ones to steal, to be honest.  Not to worry, Menard's had some on special/rebate, so now we've got more.

The penny wise discussion came when we got to the S hooks.  Since the ramp of the trailer is the back end of it, and it is primarily constructed of that expanded metal stuff, I figgered that using hooks to secure the tarp would be the easiest and most cost effective.  5 S hooks in a pkg at Menards is about $1.50.  Not much money, right?  But they are small, and hard to bend...so they'd fall out of where I put them.  So I said:  "these S hooks can bugger off, we'll sodding make our own!" 

Yes, been reading a British writer.  I tell you, they can waffle on about pretty much nothing at all.

So.  I got a piece of wire from the garage, took along a pair of wire cutters, also known as dikes or nippers, and indeed, was successful making our own S hooks, just the right size, too.  I'm sure we would have spent more time looking for the little ones that we would have dropped into the dirt than we spend making these. 

Brand new 16x20 tarp....missing a grommet.  How rude.  Val's mom bragged about how they had some rubber thingy that could make grommets by spinning straw into gold and then with the proper application of hair of mole and eye of cat it'd magically transform into a grommet.  She didn't go trotting off to fetch the system, so the one hole in the front is grommetless and therefore strapless. 

Strapless is nice, not as nice as braless, but that's a different subject altogether.

I could write a long paragraph about what I think about the changes to the buses, but I won't.  I'm sure that they did lots of studies.  :(

I still have not gotten the east side gutter cleaned and toppered.  There's about 6' on the west side that didn't get a topper too, the shingles are stuck down too tightly.  I wonder if the east side will come up easy or not.  It's well shaded all day, unlike the west side, which does get full sun part of the day.  You can bet I'll let you know, assuming I get to it on Friday or next Wednesday.


Here are 16 naughty things you can only get away with saying on Thanksgiving:
 
(1) Talk about a huge breast.
(2) Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist.
(3) It's COOL WHIP time !
(4) If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst !
(5) That's one terrific spread !
(6) I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.
(7) Are you ready for seconds yet ?
(8) It's a little dry, do you still want to eat it ?
(9) Just wait your turn, you'll get some !
(10) Don't play with your meat .
(11) Just spread the legs open and stuff it in.
(12) Do you think you'll be able to handle all these people at once ?
(13) I didn't expect everyone to come at once !
(14) You still have a little on your chin.
(15) How long will it take after you stick it in ?
(16) You'll know it's ready when it pops up.
It's a week away, start practicing now !!! :)
 
Of course, use yer best judgement...you could get the good news with a soup ladle along the side of your skull.  Not responsible for spills, stains or unwanted pregnancies.
 
Oh, sure, a guy could come up with more: 
Wow, that's a big piece of meat.
Thighs?  No, I'm more of a breast fan...
I'd love to eat your pie.
 
Yeah, I copied the first batch from the internetshmmmmmmm perhaps the most appetizing sounding ingredient.  Yeah, that's it.  :)
 

No comments: