Saturday, January 14, 2012

Carnival Legend December 2011 Roatan Honduras Mahogany Bay Tabyana Beach


We get into Honduras pretty early, and leave early too...like about 2pm, which sucks.  They should change things around so that we're in Grand Caymen for 20 minutes, which is enough to see that it's a load of bollocks and stay in Honduras all day, since they have the best beach ever.  I'm not referring to Carnival's Mahogany Bay, either.  I've never been there...I'm referring to Tabyana Beach.  It's a long bus ride there now, since they've built the new pier, but it's very scenic.  We saw the hospital, some junk cars, trees, run down houses, mansions, a light house, some resorts, and a lot of pot holes.





You can see that this is one of the best weather days that we've had, clear and sunny, hot and humid.  This is a beautiful beach, fantastic snorkeling, truly  a wonderful place.  We stayed a couple hours, drank the free beverages...iced tea, lemonade and water.  It was sweet tea, blech.  It was lemonade with vanilla added...interesting.  And the water was added to what was already in the cup, so that was odd, too.  Not their fault, my choice.  We went back to the port/pier and wandered around the crap for sale.  When we were here 4 years ago, it was all in stalls up and down the street, now it's like a mall.  I bought some coffee, and looked at the carved wood stuff, but we already have a pineapple from there.



Here's a couple shirts available for sale.  


Friday.  Formal night, we went to dinner, went to a show or something, and I found myself alone.  So I found some trouble/mischief.  We took a bottle of wine, that we had picked up in WI a couple years ago, poured it in the cabin and took it to dinner.  I was waiting in the lounge area for the comic when the asst cruise director and some other dude came in and wanted to know who wanted a free caricature.  The other pic is of Jerry with a girl that was trotting around with the wagon promoting the $30 pp steak house.  We didn't partake in that, we can cook a damn steak at home.  And the escargot/snails.





It's little things like this that I enjoy.  I don't remember what I did after this, probably went up to Billie's piano bar, she sang/played several good songs, such as Stairway to Heaven.  


Whoops, I chose a blurry pic.  Oh well, you get the point.  Actually, this might be the final night, Saturday.  I might have gone to bed after the picture drawing.  don't know....and you don't either!  HA.

No comments: