Friday, February 24, 2012

Posts on a FB group I was part of led me to think about the words we use and the words we don't like.

Here's a list of words or terms or phrases that I want to go away.  Why?  It's my blog, that's why.  I've never been nor will ever attempt to be trendy.

Here's a short post of something that drives me right up the friggen wall, this is a member from that group and this is the way she'd post to it.  My reply to one:  Can we buy a god damned vowel??:  Yes bt on the sde u can cm 2 me r I'll cm 2 u!!! Cll me we cn wrk smn out!!




No, I don't think she's a whore.  It was in reference to a hair style question.

On with the list.  (no particular order)


  • mad skillz
  • any word changed to end with z
  • any word changed to contain the #8: e.g. gr8
  • ho
  • douchebag
  • the use of fly.  see linky for video below
  • the re-purpose of the word: sick
  • yadda yadda yadda
  • mis-use of the word:  tool
  • repeating a word to add emphasis e.g. "are you going home home?"
  • my bad (I recently saw in a book: his bad)
  • phat
  • kewl
  • bioatch or any variation thereof
  • rockstar when not in reference to a band similar to the Scorpions or VanHalen.
  • Rocking, when not referring to the action of a chair
  • into it, down with it, feeling it
  • give it up
  • just sayin
  • shut the front door



Someone in that group declared that she didn't like the "c-word", the "p-word" and the "b-word".  Someone else declared that she didn't like the word "fart" and could we just all agree to use the word: poot.

UH, no.

Why?  I have a friend that has Poot as a nickname, it suits him somehow, but I've never heard him fart.

Lets discuss some of these words.

"C-word"  We (of course) have to assume what word she is referring to.  For the sake of not being obtuse I'll assume that she means "cunt" and not "create" or "conflict" or "crap".  I do agree that using the word to describe a person is in bad taste and should only be used in extreme circumstances.  Everyone is to decide this on their own time.  I don't see any reason not to use it to describe that little pocket of delight that we all want to spend more time with.

Since I didn't feel like coming up with anything clever for those other lettered words, I'll go on to a different one.

"K-word"  Superman can't function in the proximity of kryptonite...he h8's it.  Oooo look, how fly!  My bad.

Crap, now I want to go splash my eyes with acid, wash my mouth with soap and break my fingers.


I'll go on the record and say I don't see anything wrong with the word "retard".  I don't see why we can't call someone a retard, especially if they are indeed retarded.

If someone is bitchy, we don't hesitate in calling her a bitch..although someone has devised a "clever" spelling to soften the blow.

[I keep scrolling back up to add more to the don't like list.]

Why is there a difference?  Other than that the bitchy one can change her behavior/attitude???  Just sayin.

I did it again!

I'm going to go get a stick to beat me with.  BRB

While I'm gone, here's a linky to a cat video

My opinion on this video?  Some great pics in the video, but come on...anyone that has a cat knows that they would NOT tolerate a typo or grammatical error.

It took probably 10-12 years before I took up using the word "cool" in some other context than it was originally intended.

Here's a short list of words and phrases that I do like and use either occasionally or frequently.

  • Get R done
  • bastards
  • turd burglar
  • dickhead
  • crap
  • WTH, WTF
  •  kitty!  e.g. Monster's Inc
  • congratulations
This just in:  I really liked Jack Palance.  He was a great bad guy.

Actors that yell all their lines annoy me.  (curt russell, nicholas cage)

3 comments:

Angela Carter said...

I will let you take Douchebag down as long as i can have Nutsack. the word not the actualy 'item'.

I think another phrase i want to do away with is "it is what it is". huh, no shit sherlock.

on an episode of Celebrity Apprentise, Dee Snyder called Lou Ferigno (sp?), handicapped because of his hearing. Lou jumped his ass. he is NOT Handicapped. He has a DISABILITY. uh, isn't that the same darn thing? correct me if I'm wrong.

oh, which reminds me, i'd also like to do away with PC. or Politically Correct/Incorrect.

thanks for entertaining me Mick. Have a Fartin' Good Day!

jss said...

This one was funny.

B00 said...

Thanks for the laughs! Really enjoyed this a lot!!