Monday, July 09, 2012

ok, so I lied, just a little.  neck and shoulder #1

I think this pain came on while driving a shuttle bus.  Since I'm such a nice guy, I turn to greet each person as they get on.

I had pain lifting my head straight up, I had pain turning left, pain turning right.  But most troubling was the neck spasms causing my right arm to go numb, loose all strength and hurt like crazy.  Was?  Still is.  It just happened, and the only way to stop it is to reach up with my left hand and clamp my neck, sort of like a python squeezing a pig that it intends to eat.

This spasm thingy will happen, was happening any time, all the time.  Getting ice from the freezer, putting the pitcher of lemonade back into the fridge, pulling up my shorts after a trip to the loo, etc.  Pretty sure Friday night it was every minute; I don't think I slept more than 2 hours.  :(

I may get in to see Mayo's PT dept tomorrow/Tuesday.  I will get in to see my friends Keith at BWPT clinic in Bloomington, I figger....might as well go to see someone I know, someone I KNOW to be very good.

Sometimes I think that if I could just get busy with a task I'd forget about the pain and spasm and it'd go away.  It works when my neck clamps down and gives me a headache.

Typing does cause this spasm thingy to occur, so appreciate this.  uh oh, wife's shutting it down.

No comments: