Tuesday, September 20, 2016

recovery 9 20 16

Of course, there's mental recovery and physical recovery. That may have been what I was getting at the other day, but I can't really remember what I was just thinking.

Sleeping through the night in my bed would be a huge leap for recovery...and while I slept in the bed instead of the chair last night, I didn't sleep well, and George kept trying to comfort me. Or kill me, I'm not sure which. That one time he climbed on my chest and laid there a while....in one sense it was awesome....he is so soft and warm and the purrs are amazing. But the pain from my damn ribs.....I had to move him off me. 

I took both of the pain meds before bed, didn't think of it the hour we sat in the chair watching youtube videos....must have briefly woke up about every hour. Maybe not. Don't know. Doesn't matter. 

Mental recovery took a hit today, while I was working in my woodshop, thinking about how my back hurt today even though it didn't so much yesterday, the phone rang. Luckily I had it with me, unlike last night, when I missed a call from my mom. 

Insurance adjuster. Bike total loss. Based on some pictures, I think. I'd been remaining positive, thinking: it's a goldwing, solid and durable. Is the adjuster lazy? Does he know someone that wants a goldwing cheap? 

See where my thoughts go? Must be a sign of a weak mind...

I didn't think I had much for sentiment for that bike, had some good times with it, but also had some bad memories associated with it. Maybe it's just that I have absolutely no control over it.  How much damage? How much to repair? How much will they pay me? Don't know.

Just don't know.

BTW, sneezing hurts. I dropped something behind the seat of my bus today. OH yeah, I'm back to work half time, did I mention that? Anyway, I was able to get down on the floor and retrieve the dumb thing I dropped.  

Basement therapy awaits....

No comments: